We participate in the following insurance plans:
- VSP (Vision Service Plan)
- Optum Health (formerly Spectera)
- Davis Vision
- VBA (Vision Benefits of America)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Tennessee- BC/BS vision plans may vary. Many plans have vision coverage, however, some may not. If you are interested in using your BC/BS benefits at our office, please become familiar with your vision benefits prior to your visit. Your vision coverage may or may not be provided directly through Blue Cross Blue Shield. This information applies to out of state Blue Cross Blue Shield plans as well.
Frequently Asked Insurance Questions:
- Question: If I have a medical condition, can I use my regular medical insurance card?
- Answer: We are contracted through several medical insurance plans. You will need to contact our office to determine if coverage can be provided or necessary. You can also check with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your card. Your copay will be determined at the time of your visit.
- Question: I have vision coverage, however, Cullison Eye Care is not listed as a provider. Can you still file for my visit?
- Answer: Unfortunately, we are unable to file outside insurance for you. We can only file insurance through plans where we are providers. Some plans will allow you to file your claims for reimbursement. To determine if you are eligible to file your own claim, please contact your insurance provider.
- Question: I have Medicare, can you file and accept assignment for my visit?
- Answer: We are providers for Medicare and are able to file for your visit. However, please keep in mind that Medicare does not cover all vision services, nor are they responsible for hardware (eyeglass materials or contact lenses).
- Question: I have a Medical Savings Plan or a Health Savings Plan, can I use that for eyewear?
- Answer: You may use your Medical or Health Savings Plan for any services and for any eyewear to which we are adding a prescription lens.
- Question: I paid a copay for my visit but received notice that I owe more money. Why?
- Answer: Your copay is determined at the time of your visit. However, when we file and bill your insurance company for your visit, you may not be eligible for all services provided.